Our liturgy reflect the ancient traditions of Anglican worship centred on the Mass made contemporary through music, prayers, and homilies following the seasons of the Church. One of the primary purposes of worship which includes the music, the sacraments, the prayers the readings from the Bible, the sermon, silence is to create for worshippers what Marcus Borg calls “a thin place” (1); a sense of the sacred, a place to experience the mystery and wonder of our God. It is in this "thin place” that our hearts are opened to the Spirit of God, and we are enriched and sustained for our journey.
Our services are also opportunities to enhance and develop the community through sharing hospitality and participating in the life of the parish in different ways.
(1) Borg M (2003). The Heart of Christianity. Harper:San Francisco. p157.
Our usual services are
- Eucharist, Kilmore
- Eucharist, Broadford
- Eucharist, Tallarook
- Eucharist, Pyalong (1st & 3rd Sunday each month) - NOT IN JANUARY
On the 5th Sunday of the month the Tallarook, Broadford and Pyalong congregations gather together for a Family Mass (aimed at children and young families) at 11.00am. The venue varies, contact the parish for details.
- 10.00am Eucharist - St Matthew’s, Broadford
- 2.00pm Eucharist at Caladenia Nursing Home (1st & 3rd Thursdays)
- 4.00pm Eucharist at Dianella Aged Care, Kilmore
- 10.30am Eucharist at Blue Cross Aged Care, Kilmore (please note new time)