St Matthew’s, Broadford
St Matthew’s Church in Broadford is situated on the main street of the town. The building isn’t the first St Matthew’s Church on that site, with the original building being officially opened in 1862.
The current building was made of local bricks, with the present site being obtained in 1873. This church consisting of the current nave, was opened just one year later, with the chancel, sanctuary and vestry being added in 1893. St Matthew’s has the traditional ‘triple’ stained glass window in the sanctuary, as well as a window depicting St Matthew above the entrance door.
St Matthew’s has a weekly Sunday service at 11.00am and this alternates between the Eucharist (1st and 3rd Sundays) and Morning Prayer (2nd and 4th Sundays).